Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Wanderlust

Building Blocks of Hope





Acts 1:8, “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth”.

I'm working this week both creatively & in children's ministries.  For the later I was given the theme of building blocks of hope and literally am stuck between Bob the Builder and wanderlust of the Holy Spirit.

Wanderlust is defined as "a strong desire to travel" . It seems fitting as I've came back home from Wagner last week but part of my spirit remains there.  The past couple of weeks in Wagner were magnificent in so many ways for me both personally and spiritually.  This week I have been able to pray in confidence to our Heavenly Father and thank him for provisions in my own life and my journey that made my time in Wagner one of beauty, light, and grace.

I've started a series of watercolor work this week entitled ; "wanderlust".  This city kid was inspired by the majesty of the river, lakes, prairie, and eagles that I saw while in Wagner.  I was able to take a friend out to the river where she shared her special spot that she goes to reflect, pray, and meditate.  She shared with me the meaning of water, eagles, and more according to Native Americans.  It was beautiful to learn from a Native American who knows our Heavenly Father.  We were able to laugh, share, and pray over each other, our families, the community, and friends.  I'm proud to know what an eagle sounds like because she took time to share with me.

Perhaps, "wanderlust", is really taking time to journey with others around us.  Its an investment of our time and shared experiences with them .  To listen to their journeys and found a commonplace with one another.  It's more than just making a little time in your schedule, sending a buck, or giving excuses as to why you "can't".  Wanderlust in the Holy Spirit gives you freedom to say "yes", to listen, to pray with another, and to sense when you need to speak.  It is a sweet freedom of expression, love, and care that Christ had for others.

This week I'm working in "wanderlust" for my community as I plan and pray over offering semi-permanent weekly and monthly art classes. I feel in my core that I need to plan and schedule the classes at my home base aka my creative sanctuary aka The Artroom.  While in Wagner I had several messages asking me to come teach monthly art classes and I need to pray on which to take on.  I felt a tug from our Heavenly Father while in Wagner that said "kid, you're home".  It brought me to tears in the church kitchen early one morning.  It wasn't God telling me that Wagner was my home but what I was doing in Wagner; connecting, loving, creating, listening, praying, and being attentive was what "home" is.

I'm hopeful in the coming weeks to use creativity as a kingdom builder in my own community using my resources ; my home art studio, my supplies, and "wanderlust" from the Holy Spirit to make an impact.  I would love for you to share about ; The Artroom, come to classes, bring your kids or grandkids, and pray over my ability to be light, refuge, and shelter from the world with "wanderlust" from the Holy Spirit.

**After writing this morning I felt like I was missing something.  Emily was having an off day and had taken meds to prevent a seizure. I went to check on her and wound up praying over her as she slept this afternoon.  As I was praying I was recounting all the wonderful traits that the Lord gifted Emily with.  It dawned on me that those are building blocks of hope; compassion, tenacity, kindness, faithfulness, trustworthy, servant, friend, warrior.  I'm thankful for time well spent to pray for my daughter and to open my mind to the possibility of creating a curriculum based on her gifts from the father that I would hope each child would see in themselves. 

Peace be with you- Sherry


Updates:

  • My journey to Wagner left me with a wanderlust list of aspirations that I've laid in Gods capable hands to bless,  One of those aspirations is in creating a monthly and weekly schedule for my creative sanctuary aka The Artroom that would make it available to both kids and adults to seek solace from the world and find their own wanderlust within creativity.   
  • We move Dale to college on August 23 at Northwest Missouri State in Maryville.   If you would pray for safe travels for our family that would be phenom.  
  • Emily has another consult with Dr. Seeley , her epilepsy neurologist, on August 20.  We appreciate prayers of light, clarity, and tenacity for Emily in her journey.  She is looking at taking an online class this semester at the community college.  
  • I returned to my oncologist this week and we discussed maintenance.  We talked about a monthly injection to continue on the path of healing and coping through pain, bloating, etc.  We also discussed that I don't have health insurance and options available until we can get coverage in October.  I've filled out financial assistance paperwork for the injections.  Prayers would be appreciated.  
  • I took two pairs of used kids converse sneakers to Wagner to give away.  I had one pair in mind for a girl that I knew and to my delight she was indeed in need of shoes & they fit.  I gifted away the other pair to another girl that I felt needed shoes and they fit exactly.  I would like to gather and collect used kids sneakers to take on my trip in October.  If you have some used sneakers you'd like to donate or would be willing to buy a few pairs when you go to a thrift store please let me know. 



No comments:

Post a Comment