Friday, January 11, 2019

Trepidation and Trust Start With T





In all honesty I've felt a wave of trepidation in my spirit since returning from Wagner, South Dakota on Christmas.  I can place what is making me feel uneasy, feel fear, and really just put me on edge.  I'm faith filled, love the Lord, and know he chooses me.  But there is something small inside that has been growing.  Something that is dark, menacing, and I truly don't have words for. 

As I write in my journal I each day I write the word "trepidation". I've got friends that pick words at the beginning of each year as their motto.  I've been asked by my ministry team to pick a word and write about it. I've been praying and I keep thinking, "Lord, are you kidding me? I'm not making this the year of trepidation". 

This week as I was praying and writing in my journal "trepidation" I felt something else. It was a reply from our Heavenly Father ;  "Trepidation and trust both start with T.  Which you do is your choice.  It is the sweet freedom that I gave you".  Ohh, geez, yeah, ok, I get it, Heavenly Father, I need to choose. 

I wrote this response; " thank you for allowing me to be hands and feet but realizing it can be far more than that. It is refinement, peace, and channeling of the spirit to guide, direct, and navigate with precise insight".

This week I've had the opportunity to share this with two friends.  They both told me that they needed to hear it.  I think perhaps that "trepidation and trust both start with T. Which you do is your choice. It is the sweet freedom that I gave you" is for you too.  I'm being bold today to write this and share it with you....you can share it too. 

As a side note my word for this year is not trepidation but magnitude.  Magnitude in 2019. How can I be God's magnitude of love ? Ohh, but that's another blog.  

Peace be with you- Sherry

Updates
  • Sonshine ; Dale returns to college on Sunday.  Please pray over him that he can safely get to the airport to pick up his roomie and then back to Maryville. 
  • Darling Dot; With the weather changes Emily is having a hard day and feels like she's in slow motion.  Over the past month her eye has started to twitch for 5 to 30 minutes at a time, multiple times during the day.  If you would pray for her health that would be remarkable. 
  • Me; this week I had a friend talk with me that has a grant writer that wants to meet me, help me write a grant, and has encouraged me to dream big. She helped me to think about the word "magnitude" in a very real wonderful way.

No comments:

Post a Comment