Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Playing Pretend





Since my last blog the world seems a little clearer....or maybe that is just the October sunshine today.  Nope, it is clearer because my conviction and the fire I let almost die out is back ....back with vigor. Since my last blog I've been to the doctor, got bloodwork drawn, and have a CT scan on Monday.  I've also made arrangements to go see my OB/Gyn in November.  Woo-hoo! 

I've been working on some newbie creative designs that are less taxing on me to do physically but still inspire my creative soul.  And, when I create I listen to music and there are certain artists or songs that just bring back a flood of memories or inspiration.  I love when that happens.  But I heard the Foo Fighters "Pretender" as I was driving home from the workshop this past week and it just spoke to my wounded spiritual side....funny when a rockin' group like the Foo Fighters could speak to your soul, huh. 

Here's the lyrics that caught me off guard although I cranked the song a bazillion times and sang, ranted, and yelled the lyrics...yeah, I'm not a pretty singer. 
  • Keep you in the dark
    You know they all pretend
    Keep you in the dark
     And so it all began
  • Send in your skeletons
    Sing as their bones go marching in, again
    The need you buried deep
    The secrets that you keep are ever ready
    Are you ready?
    I'm finished making sense
     
    Wowsies, those lyrics are omninous, menacing, and even a little scary right?  What is a  girl of God's grace doing listening to something like?  And then the loop repeats those words and it took on a whole other meaning to my soul.  It was like God was talking through those lyrics to me.  He was saying are you done staying in the dark?  Done with all your past garbage that weighs you down?  Are you done keeping secrets, Sherry, and ready to real?  All I could think is "Geez, God, yeah, I said I was"....and then the lyrics looped and repeated and I thought "Yes, I'm done with all the garbage of the past.  Let's get this going, God".
     
    What "this" is still remains for me to see.  I know that I've got a gift creatively.  I like to say it is my "vibe" and speaks to my "heart"...which it does but why?  Well, because God designed and graced my soul for creativity and to see the world differently.  
     
    My dad used to tell me one of the hardest things for him to understand about me and best parts of me was my ability to forgive.  He shared that I would be furious at someone and then within five minutes I was done and all that they had done is forgiven.  Wowsies, isn't God like that?  He often must just shake His omnipresent head at us?  And then He forgives what has been done and goes on.  What an extremely powerful tool that is! And, hey, maybe I've had that all along?  What if we all are designed that way?  Wouldn't that be something.  Here's your challenge for the week and mine too:  **At a time of anger set a timer for five minutes.  Once the timer dings sit down and pray over the situation with God.  If there is a need to "forgive" someone then just do it....don't blink an eye.  And then "thank" God for giving you the ability to rant for five minutes and the good judgment to let it go and "forgive".  Maybe we can't change the world.....but we can change our world.  


    Go in God's Grace this Week- Sherry
     
    P.S. - Yup, that is my "Grace Given" creativity I used when making "tye dye" pumpkins this past weekend.  Best part of that project was my hubby, the Tedster, who is a sporto IT guy asked if he could take over the heat gun and help.  Say, whhaaat??  Yeah, well, I gave him the heat gun and he even did a pumpkin.....love that God allows me to share my creativity not only with you but with the one I love.  

1 comment:

  1. What a great read!! God can break the chains that bind us for sure. I'm ready too! I love the pumpkin.. looks like a crayola box melted on top of it. lol

    ReplyDelete