Thursday, October 30, 2014

Doing A Little Cha Cha Through Life



I read a quote this week that absolutely inspired this week's blog.  It said "Optimist: someone who figures out that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it's more like a cha cha".  I had to bear this in mind after getting the results of my CT scan and bloodwork this week.  So, what if I don't have Crohn's disease like they thought when I went back to the doctor this fall.  So, what if they are leaving it to my OB/Gyn to deal with my ovary issues...shoot, that is on November 10th and that is just a hop, skip, and jump away.  I did give myself a 30 minute pity party and then thought, "Geez, Sherry, you are whining over not having Crohn's for goodness sake be thankful.  So, what you've got your OB/Gyn appointment scheduled just go to to it".  And, that's just what I'm gonna do. 


I've got one older brother, David.  He does have Crohn's disease.  When he was diagnosed in his 40's my mom & I couldn't help but chuckle that David has been an old crohny his whole life.  As kids and even adults we couldn't be further apart in our likes, dislikes, and in general how we are.  My parents used to say that God gave them one of each....the pessimist and the optimist when it came to their kids.  Guess you probably can realize which I am....hoping so.

Remember that challenge I gave last week?  Wowsies, how to did that turn out for you?  Let's just say that I crashed and burned on Sunday, no less.  I was mad about the dishes in the sink....that really infuriates me.  Then, the boys, teased me while I was writing my FB page post for Sunday....it's my rule that I only write one post on Sundays and allow time for my family.  Then, we realized my son, Dale, didn't bring all the stuff he needed from the workshop in Greenwood to build his Tardis for Halloween and I blew a gasket.  Let's just say the boys road tripped happily to Greenwood to get the screws and the drill bits and leave me here at home.

Well, instead of continuing my crabfest on Sunday after they left I literally sat and praised God for all His blessings in my world.  And told Him that I needed to stop the crabfest and go on an Honorfest for Him.  So, I made an Oriental Grilled Chicken Salad for lunch which was waiting for the boys when they got home.  I told them I was sorry about my nasty attitude and I wanted our day to be better.  I grinned and beared it through an episode of the Walking Dead (uggh, zombies, really those boys were pushing my limits).  And, I was blessed to get to sit on a fold out chair and listen and watch Dale and his friend work on building the Tardis for their Dr. Who Halloween at the house.  I sat there in my shades on a nice warm, sunny October day and thought, "Wowsies, God, I'm blessed.  Thank you for taking this mess of a gal and giving her the family that she never in her wildest dreams would have thought she would have".

So, yeah, if that is the "optimist" you can only imagine how my brother is. He is not alone when he complains.  There are plenty of people out there that suck the vibrancy that God grants each of us daily.  I pray daily for him to be restored to his childlike faith in God, to see the good in people, and to have an inner peace within his soul.  Do you know someone that is the "pessimist" in you world?  Do they drain the vibrancy from your spirit?  If so, I challenge you this week to not avoid them.  Instead, pray daily for that person, snail mail them a note to tell them that they are valued and appreciated not only by you but by God.  I know that I've got my letter wrote to my brother and it is in the mail this afternoon.   What would happen if we did this to the "pessimist"?  Would God change them?  Well, maybe not overnight but this "optimist" would prefer to give them a dose of God's love rather than the cold shoulder.  And believe that through our love we can change the world one person at a time.

Ohh, and for those of you wondering about Dale, my son, and his Dr. Who Tardis it is built.  He and his friend took and trouble shooted, worked at it and got it together this week.  I'm sharing a pic of them with this.  Also, I'm sharing a link this week to my church.  They have an awesome way to watch the sermon from home via a link....so pull out your jammies, make some popcorn , and watch, learn and grow in the word.  Here's the link : http://vimeo.com/110271286

Blessings throughout your week- Sherry




No comments:

Post a Comment