Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Mother's Intuition




I've been praying and asking for words of encouragement this morning as Dale and Emily, my kids, travel to Maryville to get Dale's dorm room cleaned out. His college is going to have the dorms open until next Monday when all key cards will be deactivated. Northwest said that students should come to grab their textbooks and clothing but prepare to return sometime in April. 

This little red hen went to the Lord in prayer yesterday.  I wanted and needed confirmation that what I think is right. I needed the confirmation. What I got was the word intuition and this morning resound.  Ohh, Lord, I just need to hear "it is so".  

Let's begin with yesterday afternoon. We got the email from my son's college. I wanted to jump in the Sandymobile , go to the 'ville, clear out his dorm room, and get home as fast as I could. I did not do this. I went to my Heavenly Daddy in prayer.  He sent back the word intuition. I pressed on in prayer about intuition ; "should I rely on my own?". The response took my breath away.  It was simply this ; close your eyes, take a deep breath, and know I am with you. You can see with my eyes, ears, and heart daughter, you know wrong from right...use your Daddy's intuition as your own. 

I took that deep breath and closed my eyes and took a few more deep breaths. I knew we should go to Maryville to get Dale's things. I could sense that I wasn't the one that was going to go. I was to stay behind. I would over complicate things. 

I had my kids at the kitchen table last night and as I started to talk about Maryville. I froze up. I began to cry. I started to feel my heart beat faster and my skin prickle. I was having an anxiety attack. I haven't had an anxiety attack for a while but I knew what it was. As I started to sob and gasp for air my kids took over. They got an inhaler, spoke softly and calmly, and got my a drink of water. They began to stop their mom's unraveling.  They began to talk about going to get Dale's stuff from his dorm room and made a plan to do it in the morning. 

As they talked I wept not because of the anxiety attack but of the goodness of God. He created two remarkable children that he allowed me to mother hen.  He made them calm, sensible, filled with wonder and tenacity.  They used  God given intuition right in front of me so I could learn.  I wept and marveled at the goodness of our Heavenly Daddy. 

This morning as I was thanking God for revealing his intuition and how to use it.  I heard the word "resound".  Resound is a sound or voice that fills a space loud enough to echo.  I began to pray and was sent to Psalm 96:11 "Let the heavens be glad and earth rejoice. Let the sea roar, and its fullness". Ohh, Lord, you know that I'm a city kid and nature isn't my jam.  Then he sent me to Isaiah 42:12 "Make God's glory resound; echo his praises from coast to coast". 

I thought, ok, Lord, I can do that.  I can praise you through writing about my experience.  I can praise you as I embark on doing art classes twice this week via FB live.  I'm reminded how at my very worst during my cancer journey I told God that I would still praise him even if I go out kicking, screaming, and proclaiming his name. I'm reminded I need to start clicking the publish on my blogs rather than save.  

Have you had some restless nights or days ? How about an anxiety attack?  I feel your pain and want you to know the Lord does too.  He is groaning to hear you come to him and purge all your fears, pain, and discomfort. He is eager, willing, and calls you his beloved even when you don't know you are.  The beauty of relationship with our Heavenly Daddy is that we get to be real, honest, and be ourselves. We don't have to omit or leave anything behind as we talk to him. I would encourage you to have a chat time with God. If you need someone to chat with you know I'm here too.  You are welcome to message me and it would be my honor to pray over you.  

Peace be with you- Sherry 


No comments:

Post a Comment