Thursday, November 6, 2014

Shopping For Something New

                                                  Shopping For Something New

First off gotta tell you all what a blessing this blogging thing is for me.  I've always said that I come across so much better on paper yet when I was an English major at Northwest I told everyone that I hated to write but loved literature.  Hhhmm....maybe I do like writing more than my 18 year old self ever knew.  Our pastor this week talked about how God will take and use you for more than you ever thought.  He challenged us with the idea that God won't want to use your "gifts" but that really "crappy"...yeah, that was his word (love that guy) part of yourself that you don't even think of or trust.  That through me into thinking about this blogging thing and how I'm sharing my personal thoughts and ideas to potentially anyone ....eeek!

How did those letters come along last week?  Any word from those pessimists in your life?  Yeah, you'll probably be waiting for a while on that one, peeps.  I know I will.  I do have to share a story from a gal that e-mailed me to tell me she sent her letter out to her special "pessimist" and it opened a dialogue with her sibling that hasn't been there for years.  Wow, I love how God is connecting them all over again to that love and respect that they had as kiddos.  As for the rest of us we will wait, pray, and maybe even send another snail mail letter during the holidays.  I know it's heartbreaking not hearing back from your pessimist but know that you've opened the lines of communication, peeps. 

Ohh, and I wanted to make angel wings for the shop to decorate.  I'm proud to say that after blistered hands from cutting out cardboard they are done.  Here's a sneak peek of them before I painted them.  I wanted, Duke, my little dog to sit with them so peeps could see how big and awesome they are.  Check out the pic....yeah, that is the wings before paint and Duke yawning.  Tells you what he thinks of my hard work....wahahahaha.



This past week I was really thrown into reminiscing about my marriage during the early years. I heard Everclear's , I Will Buy You A New Life, and was instantly taken back to a marriage that was crumbling, a hubby with no faith, the possibility of being a single mama, and all the drama that has came and went.  In the song it says,
                                            "   I will buy you a garden
                                              Where your flowers can bloom
                                               I will buy you a new car
                                               Perfect shiny and new
                                               I will buy you that big house
                                               Way up in the west hills
                                               I will buy you a new life
                                             Yea I will buy you a new life ".

It made me think about two years into my separation from my hubby.  He honestly had made huge strides in learning to be an adult that not only was functioning but caring and compassionate.  He had a full time job, insurance, and not only helped to pay the bills on our little house but paid for his own too.  I was able to let him spend time with our daughter without fear that was huge.  He and his family had once told me they would take her and I'd never see her again.  I was actually letting that guy take our daughter to Burger King, the park, etc.  He shared with me one night that he had accepted Christ as his Savior and when he did things weren't great but it rocked his life. When day when he brought our daughter home he said, "Would you listen to something"....and I thought, ohh, yeah, sure buddy but I did. 

He went to his car and got out the Everclear CD and played, I Will Buy You A New Life.  He told me, "Sherry, I'm so sorry about the past and there is nothing that I can do to change it.  But I want you to have a good life.  I'll do whatever it takes for that to happen and you don't have to take me back.  I've been a liar, a cheat, and hurt you in ways that break me just to think about.  But if you allow me to I want you to have those good things and more".  And for the first time ever he prayed with me that he would be able to provide for our daughter and me.  Wowsies....that got my attention. 

As I was going down memory lane though, I thought, yeah, that is exactly what God has been saying to me and all of you all along, "I Will Buy You A New Life".  We may never see the new cars, houses, etc. while we are here on Earth but in our Heavenly home I can only imagine that my dream bungalow with a little workshop in the back exsists.  Wouldn't it be amazing to not have all the wrinkles on your hands and face (yeah, I've been noticing that lately as I get ready to turn 45 in December) and all the physical pain we have now would be gone.  And, the thought of all pain of our spirit and soul would be no more. 

I really believe at this point in my walk with God that we can just drop off all that pain that curses our spirits and souls with God right now.  All the feelings of being cheated, hurt, and torn apart from Him we can give up because we serve a God that is bigger, badder, and stronger than any of those pains.  Isn't that amazing to just think of?  And to think that God is taking me and using me in my "crappy" writing skills to talk to you....wowsies, peeps, He is something awesome!

Alright, are you ready for the challenge of the week?  This one is harder than some so get ready.  Take some of your baggage, hurt, anger, and pain and just hand it over to God.  Pray daily this week for God to take those pains away from you and give you a "new life".  I know I plan on setting the alarm about 30 minutes early to do this.  And, hey, we did just fall back on Sunday so no biggie....that still gives you the blessing of an extra 30.  Be sure to include all the good, great, and merciful things that you see God doing in your life, the lives of your kids, family, and friends.  Then ask Him for the sweet release of your baggage and the reward of a "new life" here on Earth with Him guiding your path.

Ok, that's all I got for this week. I have to share that my house is crazy this week.  I'm trying to work at the shop to get it all ready for Christmas Open House this coming weekend.  I wanted to sew slippers (from my grandma's pattern) this week....needless to say they are cut but not sewn yet.  Here's a sneak peek of the front of the shop...my son blessed me with helping me to get the outside of the shop done.  Ohh, and I've got an appointment with my girly doc on Monday this week for all the cramps and pains I've got going on.  Say a prayer if you will that I find out what is going on and it can be handled.


No comments:

Post a Comment