Saturday, January 10, 2015

Heavy Hearted

Isaiah 54:10 ESV /

For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you.

  Ok, maybe it the pain meds that has me blogging today or maybe it is the "raging hormones" that they warned me about when they discharged me.  It could be the  U2 that I've got playing while I'm resting. But I think it is my heavy heart.

Heavy heart?  Yup, for all the blessings that have been wrapped around my family through prayers, people helping do stuff, and just knowing that I've got an amazing circle of friends that God has sent my way to get me through.  From the gal that knocked on our door on Christmas Eve with soft, warm blankets for each of us to my gal pal that came over yesterday to spend the day with cherry lifesavers and popsicles.  All those small gestures have had a huge impact in my world.  Then I checked my FB and saw that my "Mighty 5" of friends from life all checked in but I also had messages from others that now make my "Mighty Circle of Friends". 

It just overwhelmed my heart and spirit and leads me to have a "heavy heart" only in the best way....one that is encouraged, loved, and determined and filled with God's joy.  

I had surgery this week.  The right ovary looked normal but the left was not.  The mass and the left ovary both had attached to my abdominal wall.  When they went to take them out the cysts burst on the left ovary.  The mass and both ovaries are in pathology right now.  If they are normal then the cysts bursting is all right.  But if there is cancer then there will be problems. My appointment to find out the results from pathology is scheduled for Wednesday.

Yesterday, Ted and Emily, went to St. Louis and moved her back from Fontbonne.  The cost of her college and our ability to pay for my surgery was just too much.  Emily seems really good about the decision to come home.  Which is a blessing.  She is planning on working on finding out how to use her A+ hours and going to Longview this summer to make up for some of her classes this semester.  The great thing is that she will have a small scholarship from Voc Rehab and they will pay for her books too. Taking time off will give her a chance to re-group and get all the scholarships in place for this summer. And allow her time to get put on the waiting list for the Penn Valley Nursing program. She is determined and not defeated which is a remarkable blessing.

Dale, my quiet, artsy soul, is doing all right with everything too.  He brought home all his homework yesterday from school and I told him to not worry about it he would have it done within an hour or hour and half tops. He had it done in less than an hour and we got to watch tv together and when I went to go upstairs to rest he yelled, "Hey, stop!  Let me help you".  It's his natural reaction and we both smiled because I didn't need his help to get upstairs.  Ok, I'll confess that I had him help me put on socks last night so I wouldn't have to bend but don't tell him I told you.

As, I went to pray this afternoon, I came across Isaiah 54:10 which states "For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on you".  I feel right now that the mountains and hills are starting to move.  New ones might take their place but I'm secure knowing that God's love won't depart from me or my family.  And I love the fact that his compassion has been reflected daily in my world...so much so that I'm heavy hearted.


Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, prayers, and actions.  I'm off to go cry a little....Coldplay's "Fix You" came on.....uggghh.  Once, that is over, I'm going to go rest for a while.  If you would be so kind please continue to pray for our family and the results from pathology.

May your weekend be blessed and may we all feel a little "heavy hearted".

Peace be with you-Sherry





















No comments:

Post a Comment