Sunday, February 1, 2015

Treasure Is Found In The Trust



"Livin' Life. Growin' by faith. Keep on keepin' on. Treasure is in the trust"....that was the Facebook post from a gal pal of mine this morning & I love it!  And it so fits my mood and spirit after this challenging week.

This week I got a call from the shop owners in Greenwood that they are going to close the shop.  Awww, geez, just when I was resting like I was supposed to since my surgery.  I had a game plan of doing workshops this year as a creative outlet and doing small stuff so that I can work around doctor's appointments, etc this year.

I'm left to re-group, re-focus, and to "trust".  Why did I mention "trust"?  Well, my journey since this fall has been on learning to trust and grow in my faith.  I've been blessed to have people praying for me & my family, following our journey, and taking time to make a one on one connection with me. 

I've got to "trust" my doctor when she told me that I'm considered "high risk" for cancer and that she got the mass out.  I've got to trust and accept her plan of care for me.  I've got to trust that when I call her and tell her that I'm feeling bad, in pain, and running a fever she will call.  And, guess what?  She did that this week.  I've got an appointment with her this month and at the cancer center to find out what I need to do this year for my health.

This week I found myself reeling with that phone call.  The joy that I've got doing all the creative and fun things that I love and having a workshop space and a home base for Mamasunbear2 is gone.  Then I thought to myself, Sherry, go pray.  And, that is what I did.  I told God how I loved to work creatively, felt like I let the shop down by being sick, and that I just needed him to guide my path. 

That's the funny thing with "trust" and your definition of it.  To me "trust" is allowing God into my heart, knowing that my salvation is through him, and that all that I say and do needs to be for his glory.  I "trust" that I can do all things through him.  And, that is what hit me this week....through Christ I can do all things.  Now, the things that I can do may not be great, publicity worthy, or change the world.  But the things that God "trusts" me with are going to happen.

I believe that God "trusts" me with:
  • The care of my children and to be a mother of faith and comfort to them.
  • The care and maintenance of my home that he has blessed my family with.
  • The ability to do selfless acts of kindness daily through my words and actions for his glory.
Within those three I'm not sure which is my purpose is.  It changes doesn't it with the day, the moment, or the time?  At first I glance I would say it might be the first because I've come to the conclusion that Emily and Dale need their mom.  It could be the second ....I've still got shingles missing from the roof. And we had a leak last night from the rain in my kid's bathroom that served as a reminder to it leaking this fall too. 

But when I see the third in my list it encompasses the other two and then more.  It leaves me with feeling challenged for what the day brings.  Knowing that God made me smart, capable, and "trusts" me with those abilities and so many more.  With that I've been able to re-group what I need to do with Mamasunbear2, my family, home , and faith.

I still have the drive and determination to be in a classroom setting.  This week I'm going to get my college transcripts and apply to substitute teach.  Secondly, I've talked with Emily and Dale and they are willing to help me organize my art room this week.  And on Sundays we will be going to Greenwood to clean the workshop and purge what I can't use and load up the things that I can.  I've priced all my work at 20% off at the shop and "trust" that God will provide me with buyers to nab stuff.  I "trust" that if I move some stuff home that it will fit in my artroom or in the garage until I can find a "home" for them.  And, if the kids and I can get my artroom organized and the garage I feel like I can do "Workshops" here at home....how awesome would that be to be able to personally invite people into my world and be able to show God's love through my words and actions for his glory?  Ahh, God is ahh-mazing! 

And, the glory in it all is that it shook me up, caused me to re-think, and re-group what dictates my life and what God "trusts" me with.  I'm looking forward to a challenging February....yeah, it's gonna be one.  But more importantly I feel the ability to "trust" God with my heart, spirit, and soul.  With that kind of "trust" I know that I'll be all right.

I know today is the Superbowl...right?  Well, I would challenge you to make a "Superbowl Worth of Trust" List.  What would that be?  Well, simply three things that you believe that God "trusts" you with.  I challenge with those three to ask God daily this week to be allowed to do those things for his glory.  Let's see what happens.  I'm in for this kind of "Superbowl" challenge....are you?

May God's peace shine on you- Sherry

Update: 

This is my challenge to this month to "trust" that God is going to help me with gal pals, friends, etc. that are going to help me. 

  • I called the doctor this week because of my fever and the pain on the right side.  She asked me what I've been doing and she told me to rest and stop.  She thinks that the fever and pain is more than likely from over doing it.  In reality who tries to lay wood floors in their bathrooms a week after having surgery....yeah, that would be me.  Anyway, pray that I take time to rest each day to help me heal so that I can go on the 16th to see her rather than sooner.
  •  In the coming days Emily, Dale, and I will need help in the artroom and garage. The main person to help me will be Emily and she's only one person.  We need someone that can help her.  What does that mean? Here's a short list:  1. a dolly cart to help her move some big items around the artroom and garage. If you've got one we can borrow that would be awesome!  2. We've got a couple of pieces that we want to just donate : a couch, a desk, some old tvs.  If you would be willing to help load them and take them to the thrift store here in town that would be remarkable. 3. We will need someone that is willing to help move a cabinet/armoire to the artroom.  It's heavy!  4. Someone that would be willing to come and pick up smallish donations that we might have for the thrift store.  If you can help with any of these get a hold of me.
  • Thank you all for your continued prayers and support.  I'm thankful for each of you and the ability that God has given me to "trust", have faith, and live life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment