Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Expert Knitter

As long as my soul is inside me, I thank You, my God and God of my fathers, master of all creations, creator of all souls. 




Blessed is a word that I use regularly.  I genuinely believe in this world that I am blessed because I'm a gal after God's heart.  What could be better than that?  Well, this morning I have to admit that my heart hurts.  Why?  Let me share.

Today as I was dropping Dale off at the high school part of the parking lot was blocked off.  I slowed down to see what was going on and Dale said, "ohh, that's right it's grandparents day today".  He told me that he was going to ask one of our friends to go and be his grandparent but thought she might have something better to do.  He then told me,"I think Sandy is an awesome choice for a grandma because she's not a crazy lady and I actually can talk to her".  My heart gave thanks for having Sandy in our lives and it mourned that both Dale & Emily don't have grandmothers in their lives....they just adopt out.

When you've had a great relationship with a grandparent or a special bond you want that for your kids too.  Emily was blessed to have my mom to bond with when she was younger.  My heart break is that my mom isn't the ever present grandma.  She has health problems and trouble with her memory.  The last time Emily called her grandma she didn't know who she was or me either.  That is just a heartbreaker in itself.  Dale never really got to know my mom well which makes me sad.  He doesn't see the snappy, smart, articulate, compassionate woman that raised me he just sees her as someone that may or may not know him.

Just writing this blog makes my heart sing rather than mourn my son's words this morning.  I hear, "Sandy is an awesome grandma.....because I can talk to her". Thank you heavenly father for blessing my son with a lady that he loves like a grandma and knows he can talk to.  Thank you Lord for all the people that bless our lives daily, for a season, or for a lifetime.  You truly have expertise in knitting us together.
 

Peace be with you -Sherry










No comments:

Post a Comment