Friday, November 24, 2017

Born 2 Fight Built 2 Love




The darling dot & I passed a billboard promoting a new kids movie with the tag lines "Born to fight, Built to Love".  I asked her to write that in my journal because I felt like that is how God designed us as his warriors in the world against darkness that we would be His light & love.  I got a little preachy to say the least in the car.

She listened to me rattle on and then asked if I wanted to know what she thought.  Of, course, darling dot.  She said simply this; "I know God is wasn't born but He is the ultimate fighter that loves us enough to fight for us".  Yeah, she took those words to a whole other level, right?  She made it personal but the words aren't about us but our Heavenly Fathers capacity to love us each so much that He fights daily for us.  That's powerful coming from the darling dot considering what she has faces; epilepsy, uncontrolled seizures, and uncertainty.  Yet, this girl knows her Heavenly fights for her, has premise in her life, and loves her majestically.

This morning I woke up early birdy not to shop but because I felt God whispering to me to wake up, spend some time in me, and listen.  I trooped downstairs, journaled, & then listened to Him. I feel Him urging me to "trust in the moment, hasten hurry and reap joy. Emily is my adoration and Dale is my splendor take care of them, Sherry, delight in their joy for they are my truth and light to you through me". 

What a wondrous blessing from my Heavenly Father that He has it all under control; my fears, my frets, and my worries.  That He is fighting for me and wants me to reap His joy in my children.  Today, we are headed into KC to see if we can win a Blick bag full of art supplies. We were just going to hunker in after Thanksgiving but Dale saw the postcard and wants to try. I love that!  He is imaging how great all the supplies could be for him & for our family to use in The Artroom for art classes & to take on our journeys to South Dakota.  He actually inspired both his sister and dad to wake up this morning and go with us because 4 is better than 2.

There it is, God's light and definition for my life 4 is better than 2.  Not just for free giveaways but in my lifetime.  God graces me with 3 others that love me in a remarkable way.   May He grace you today through your kids, family, and friends.  That His love shine through them that you know what a fighter He is. 

Peace be with you- Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment