Saturday, December 2, 2017

The Sheer Placidity Of Life



 I've been placid this week.  I've worked at making phone calls on the darling dots behalf to ; ensure her meds are still covered via the drug company, continued calls to epilepsy neurologists to see if they will take her on as a patient without insurance and allow us to be billed for the consult,  and finally I got a hold of a precious lady who listened, helped, and was a ray of Gods jubilant light.

The darling dot still has not been approved for disability health insurance via the state.  Wednesday of this week I finished calls and felt at peace that I had truly advocated for her the best I could as her earthly mom and now it was time for her Heavenly Father to show His favor and light.

I've always known that it is by His grace that I have my kids.  I am here to be His hands and feet to them.  To mentor them, love them, and gift them daily back to their creator.  When they were small I read that we must glorify God and then gift our children daily back to him knowing his care was far greater than our own, his love boundless, and his strength and endurance impeccable.  I've done that daily for most of their lives because it allows me the ability to be "placid" as the world spins, the waves of life crash, and to see the joy in each moment that is a gift from him.  That doesn't mean that I don't battle with the darkness that feels encompassing at times. It means I have the ability to see the pinhole of light from our Heavenly Father and know that we aren't alone.  I know the one that roars when I want to wimp out, give up, and succumb.

Placid defined means; tranquil, still, calm, peaceful, serene, and my two favs, unflappable, and unperturbed.  Each of us is beloved by our Heavenly Father. Because of this we can access placidity in our lives despite our circumstances. I know what it feels like to feel hopeless, abandoned, and alone for me that meant cancer.  Cancer took me out physically, mentally, and emotionally.  It took friends that I had for years and made them strangers.  It took my family on a tailspin that I still pray daily for restoration.  As all those things were taken and I felt very alone I felt our Heavenly Father telling me "you are mine".  I heard him clearly he declared "placidity" over me this past year.  He roared when I could barely speak because of sores in my mouth from chemo.  He raged for me when I felt inept and alone.  He told me to come home to him, trust him, and rest for He had far greater things planned for me now that I realized I was his.

This week I got conformation that the state does have the darling dots medical records.  That her paperwork was entered in and within less than two weeks it went to the medical board for review and decision. I found this out on Wednesday.  I have asked for God's favor to our darling dot because she is his beloved daughter.  I'm able to be placid again because my trust is in him that his reach, care, concern are far greater than mine.  What makes me sob, drives fear, and causes me to be lost to help her causes our Heavenly Father to roar.  He breaks the darkness with that roar and brings placidity to my heart, mind, and spirit.

I'm asking you today to allow our Heavenly Father to "roar" for you.  To realize the magnitude of His blessings and favor in your lives.  May you come to Him broken and allow Him to fill you up so you walk in his grace, mercy, and placidity.

Peace Be With You- Sherry

Updates:

  • Pray for Gods favor on Emily that the medical board see epilepsy as a disability.  That they realize she needs insurance and approve her. I am asking you to partner with me to pray this simple prayer daily three times (morning, noon, and night) to speak life for Emily . "Give Emily victory and be her shield. Guard her course and protect her way"...Proverbs 2:7-8. 
  • I had new people come to the Artroom in November and have been blessed to see how my creative sanctuary from the world is for others too.  I'll be posting December classes this weekend.  I will be offering gift certificates to The Artroom feel free to message me on how to get one. 
  • We will be heading back to South Dakota around December 20.  I feel God telling me to spend two weeks there.  I need help to purchase snacks & a few supplies to create a "Mad Scientist Lab".  Please let me know if you would like to help bless the kids & families that come to Open Artroom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment