Wednesday, February 17, 2016

True Bliss

Ephesians 3:18-20
 
I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.




This weekend I sent out an SOS to friends to ask for their help doing stuff for me.  I also asked two groups of friends to pray over my children because I literally forget to pray over Emily & Dale each morning.  It is one of those precious things that I've done daily since I was preggers with each of them.  After I sent those emails out I felt guilt like none that I've ever felt and wept.  How could I love my kids and not pray over them?

Tuesday I got to my infusion early and had to wait a little. My restless mama heart went to the Lord in prayer.  I repented for not talking with Him daily, I shared with him my praise for all the small details that he was taking care of in my cancer journey,  I praised Him for the gift of my husband and my two kids and then I got out my journal and wrote a "Pure Bliss Prayer".  I know you may not want to use it, need to use it, or care.  But it is a part of my mama heart that I wanted to share for all you mamas out there that time flees before you have time with the Lord....I'm with you.

True Bliss Prayer :

Thank you Lord for the gift of my children.  For the small lives that they once were to the almost adults that they are.  You created them keen, acute, kind, and articulate.  I thank you for the ability to see them grow, change, and become who you designed them to be.  Thank you for the gift of each moment, each frustration, and each glory of being a mom.  I came into motherhood ill prepared but have learned to love, cherish, hope, and praise through the blessing of Emily & Dale. Thank you for their love, loyalty,and ingenuity that they place in my mind, heart, and soul.

God you have an awesome and ultimate design for my life that is far greater than I can imagine or fathom. I relent to give my life unto you.  I will work with integrity to follow and listen to you.  And look forward to your solace in my heart, mind, and spirit today.

*Ok, that's it folks for this week.  I'm blessed that Tuesdays infusion only made me mildly sick with nausea and a headache.  I'm so thankful for the group of friends that heard my SOS call, responded, and are helping me "make it work" through this season of my life.  God is good!

Peace be with you- Sherry

Updates:
  • Tomorrow I head back to KC for a scan & cancer support group.  This Saturday I'm praying I feel well enough to go back to KC with the kiddos to do a watercolor painting project for cancer patients & their families.  
  • I'm reminded today to thank God in all the smalls that happen or that I do have & am capable of doing.  




No comments:

Post a Comment