Sunday, June 12, 2016

Let It Rain


 For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people.  Titus 2:11





This week has been a bounty of the old saying "when it rains it pours". Since last week with my cancer doc and hearing that they want me to be "radiant" again I've been heart sick & found solace in being by myself & pouring all the needs of myself & my fam unto the Lord. I told Him that He can move mountains and in reality my probs are just anthills in comparison to His power & I left it to God.

 I went and sought assistance for our bills this week and was crushed when the agencies called to say that we made to much or didn't fit their qualifications for a fam in need. We took my Betsy Bravada to a shop which diagnosed why she is running the heat full force & overheats. It is an actuator switch that has went out which means the steering column has to come out & the labor alone is almost $900. There is the rain for my week & it had me sobbing.  

What I didn't realize was that the true rain was coming.  A friend offered up their extra car for Ted to use to get him to work and home.  That leaves me with the air conditioned Jeep.   Gilda's Club found that they repair cars at Longview Community College in their mechanic program & are looking for cars with air conditioning problems for this summer session.  I called, talked to Dave & he acted like an actuator switch is no biggie.  He is going to meet with the instructors this week to see if one will take on my Betsy Bravada.  And, the cost is about $50-100 for a lab fee and any parts they need.  The rain God is bringing went from a drizzle to a downpour.

Over the week I've had gal pals that sought me out to tell me they want to help me get to radiation. They are willing to drive with me, sit with me, and shelter me through the storm.  It was a reminder of the friendships that I have had & still do through Christ.  

Friday my kids reminded me of what awesome people they are and have become.  Dale & I had a great heart to heart talk as we were packing up his stuff for his mission trip.  I told him that I've always known that God was going to do great things with him because of his compassion, empathy, and ability to serve God unconditionally.  Dale shared that it was because he had a great mom that was all those things and more.  I had to sing some praise to God for gifted me with Dale & his remarkable ability to move my heart with his words.  

Emily went to KC on Saturday to help with kids program at Gilda's Club.  Tedster & I stayed at the clubhouse to help & make sure we were there in case Emily would have a seizure.  We sat in the back of the all purpose room and watched Emily at work with the kids, reassuring the little girl whose mom left to go the parent meeting, partnering up with the preschool boy who just wanted to use red paint because it was his moms fav, and listening to those kids & making a connection.  It was an awesome privilege to see Emily do all those "teacher like" things that are in my wheel house but I never saw so clearly that they were a part of her as well.  I was thankful to be there to clean up the project so she & the other adults could take the kids to the "kids clubhouse" and just have fun.   I never thought I would say that I was blessed to clean up & be a grown up but I was yesterday.

This week I've got a few "to dos" to get done and then have a consult with my cancer doctor on Thursday.  I'm praying and speaking to God about getting the meds approved and sent to KC this week so I don't have to face doing radiation again.  I've got confidence back in my step that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me it just took me a couple of weeks to get there and some "rain" from the Lord.     

Peace be with you- Sherry

Updates:


  • Emily got her scholarship for $1,000 per semester renewed through Voc Rehab this week.  She is in the process of doing an online evaluation to see what her interests are & to help her in seeking what she should do as a career.  She did great at the kids kickoff at Gilda's Club and is looking forward to heading back this coming Tuesday....God is good!
  • Dale got to South Dakota yesterday safely....God is good!  He took his loots along with 5 soccer balls & 20 coloring books to leave with the kids at the reservation.  I pray that God keeps him safe & used him as a tool to lead other kids to Christ & compassion for others. 
  • I told my kids this year that I'm determined to get rid of cancer & feel better.  I joked that I'm going to get a bike with a basket so I can ride & put Duke, my little terrier, in the basket.  This week a friend blessed me with a bright blue bike with a basket & drink holder.  Em & Ted are gonna go fill her tires today so she & I can do one bike ride this week around the block this week on a cool evening....God is good!

1 comment:

  1. What a testament you are to your children. I am off for the Summer so let me know if you need a ride

    ReplyDelete