Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Invincible


                                                           

 

 

Isaiah 26:3  Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed (anchored) on Thee, because he trusteth in Thee.

 

 I remember being a kid and there was a carefree feeling of knowing that I was taken care of by my parents.  When I was in second grade I came home and told my dad that we were "rich".  He asked why I thought that and I told him because I had all my school supplies and even a set of neon crayons at school and home.  I told him that there were a couple of kids that didn't have any.  My mom entered the conversation and they explained that they were blessed to provide for me and asked what kids didn't have their supplies.  I remember my mom and dad went out that night and she delivered a bag filled with supplies for those kids that next morning.  Shoot, if being "rich" was school supplies they could handle that one for their daughter and couple more kids.

 

 I thought about that "invincible" spirit that led me when I was younger and what was it?  I think for me it was knowing my parents would always be there, clean up my messes, listen to my heartbreaks, and love me. But for my kids "invincible" means they have me and their dad that love them but they have a Heavenly Father that is "invincible" that loves, cares, and will help them through life.  They both have a faith that amazes me and they are able to be level headed, collected with their thoughts, and share their faith through their words and actions....how cool is that?  

 

Today, Em and I met with the Voc Rehab gal about scholarship possibilities and what she is going to do with her life.  Emily realizes that dentistry is out of her reach because of her seizures. She has prayed on it and feels that nursing might be a great path.  She shared that with the Voc Rehab gal who thought that nursing might be a great career for her.  She and Em talked about the cost of Fontbonne, what schools were local, and about what her plans were.  Em was so composed as she shared that her mom had some medical issues and she felt compelled in her heart to come home for the spring semester.  She told her how hard school this fall because she knew I was sick.  They talked about MCC (the community colleges in KC) and her A+ hours that she has never used.  They made a plan and the gal told Em to call her with questions and if she needed someone to talk to please to call her she would be happy to listen and help her.  

 

I was floored by Emily's maturity.  Emily talked with me on the car ride home and told me that she isn't done with college but feels like she needs time to figure out a college to go to for nursing.  She shared that it is hard to be at Fontbonne but she loves it but she doesn't want to go.  But to stress her family out over the tuition which stresses her out.  She told me that her friends will still be her friends down in St. Louis and they are only a train ride away and she knows how to take the train....lol.  We pulled over and prayed in the car.  And, decided to pray overnight about Fontbonne and what God intends and talk over this week, make calls, and do what her heart is compelled to do.....she knows that God is going to answer her.  

 

I focused in on Isaiah 26:3 and thought how focused Emily is on God and following his lead for her life.  I truly feel like it the perfect verse for our family to focus on this week.  I hope that it is one that claims your heart and spirit too.  My challenge for you this week is to trust God enough to allow him into your life, your fears, problems and to find that "perfect peace" that can overwhelm your spirit, mind, and body.  I have to admit that I still don't do that well but I can see through Emily today that she can mentor me....because she's got it!  And, when she's not here Dale, her brother, is my mentor because he's got it too.  I'm truly blessed to be led through my kids and their example of being "invincible" not because of themselves or their parents but because they have faith in their Heavenly Father to do all things in their lives, lead them, and direct their paths. 

 

 It is truly going for be a challenge this week to keep that up.  My surgery looms over me on January 7th, Em's decision about college, and yup, our furnace stopped working today.  Know that I cried today after Em and Dale went to go nab a space heater and let it all out to God.  I'm now determined to wipe the tears and keep my eyes fixed on my "invincible" God that has been there all along, knows me, my family, and will guide us.  And, I'm praying for him to take me closer to him so I feel that "perfect peace".   Ohh, and as I was finishing this up our friend whose a heating/cooling guy just finished working on our furnace and we've got heat again.  Just a small reminder to me that trusting an "invincible" God does work.

 

 This week I'm gonna include a top 5 list of smallish stuff that I need as a surgery prep.  Yeah, you guessed it as I was writing this blog the surgery prep gal called. I could just go and nab it all but it makes me start to over think it all and my fear factor starts in. And, if I'm truly honest I want to run from it all.   If you can bless me by nabbing one of these or praying that would be stupendous because it doesn't allow me to get into a funk over what will be next week. 

 

1. A bar of Dial Soap- yeah, they want you to shower with an anti-bacterial soap.  And, yes, I'm a fan of pink Dove soap which won't work.

2. Cranberry Juice- a bottle or two.  I can drink clear liquids until around 9 am on January 7th and cranberry juice is on the list of them....and it doesn't make me have nausea.

3. Chloraseptic Spray- to relieve the sore throat I may have after the surgery.

4. Phazyme or Mylicon - it is a med used to relieve gas that I'll need after the surgery for up to a week tops. 

 5. Prayers for myself to be accountable to myself for my health so that my family and friends can have the Sherry that they know back.  And prayers for Em and Dale that they can continue to serve an "invincible" God that they allow to guide their path.   

 


Thanks to one and all for your prayers for our family and help.  God has rallied a great big bunch of awesomeness in each of you and we are so blessed to feel that daily.  

Blessings- Sherry

.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment